× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
TOLBERTJD TOLBERTJD
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I am studying maths, chemistry, biology and physics at A level. My dream job would be an investment banker, not because of the money, but because of the thrill.

Anyway, I've heard gaining a chemistry degree opens a path to investment banking! Slight Smile Is this true? Or is it a very slimply opened doorway?
Read 523 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I studied Biology and it hasn't opened those types of doors for me unfortunately, despite having a red-brick uni and a good degree classification. The only place it sent me was to do another course in something else. To be honest, these degrees will probably get you as far as lab assistant, teaching or customer service roles.

I would study Pharmacy instead because at least then you are lined up for something professional if the investment banking doesn't work out for you.

Would studying something like Economics or Maths if this is where you want to go?
wrote...
11 years ago
RUBBISH!

a degree is a degree  and as for chemistry its one of the most undervalued (in vocational earnings) of all degrees.  what is MORE important than the subject of the degree is WHERE and what class you get.

as Investment Banking is all about CONTACTS at university and not the course and your aptitude if you show the killer gabling instinct you will be sought out at recruitment fairs at the right universities (oxbridge, London and other red brick universities)
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1283 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741