t
i
r
julibyrd julibyrd
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
journalism? publishing?  Anything?

Im about to graduate community college, and finally start working towards my bachelors and masters.  I want to be a high school english teacher, but I'm not sure what kind of jobs I can also get with a degree like that.  I'm scared, and i dont know if i should change my major.

...or am i just screwed?
Read 747 times
10 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
drop out of society and join a band of gypsy travellers
wrote...
11 years ago
just teach English.  There's going to be an exodus of Baby booming teachers ove the next 5-10 yrs.
wrote...
11 years ago
janitor, cleaner, painter,
wrote...
11 years ago
i think u should change your major. Why would you major in English in an English speaking country?
wrote...
11 years ago
umm maybe try MC Donald's... that English degree isn't really good for any thing... maybe to show off at party's and family functions
wrote...
11 years ago
There are tons of jobs that require a college degree, and it doesn't even matter what the degree is in.  Don't worry, you'll be able to find work, but I hope you'll stick with high school English - teachers are always in demand.
wrote...
11 years ago
A degree in English can open up a world of opportunties for you. You can become a Journalist. Editor, Copywriter or even branch into PR, marketing, media and broadcasting.
As well as teaching!!. Free-lance in all the different areas mentioned, you will find your 'niche. I chose copywriting becasue I love marketing and launching new products and telling the world about them! (in five paragraphs or less) Your a COMMUNICATIONS major....go that track and minor in PR or media or the other above mentioned. Lots of Opps with that degree! Go talk to your school counsler.
wrote...
11 years ago
I think you'll be just fine if you get certified to teach English in public school.  English, especially with a writing concentration, will help in public relations and journalism also.

Ages ago--I mean ages ago--I got a job at a newspaper right out of school.  It helped that someone had walked out the day I applied.

But a teaching certificate is a good insurance policy.
wrote...
11 years ago
NOT SCREWED, IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO TEACH YOU CAN EDIT, PROOF READ, WRITE.  GOOD TEACHERS ARE IN DEMAND
wrote...
11 years ago
get your bs in english education and a masters in library science. This way you can teach or be a librarian almost anywhere you want.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1256 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204