× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
k
ashwvu90 ashwvu90
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
I have a Degree in Elem. Education P - 5 and Special Ed. with Hearing Impaired P - 12 and Moderate/Severe disabilities P - 12.   HELP   Need a new career
Read 5230 times
9 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I am a teacher in the same situation.....been looking for a job outside of the education field for several months.  I can empathize! I think the younger you are and the sooner you get out, the easier it will be.  I'll be checking back with interest to read the responses you receive.  Good Luck!
wrote...
11 years ago
Other than the education sector, or specifically, teaching, I don't see how you would be able to have a thorough change in career unless you take up another degree in a totally different field of your interest.
wrote...
11 years ago
You want a career outside of education?  Then you'll need course work in it.  

As a special ed teacher, you can get a job just about anywhere.... anywhere.
wrote...
11 years ago
 You could work in an education service center as a consultant or a major educational agencies, or medical equipment sales.
wrote...
11 years ago
You can always become a professor Slight Smile
wrote...
11 years ago
You could try becoming a special persons teacher in a hospital for children or something similar?
wrote...
11 years ago
I think it is awesome that you are doing the education. I highly recommend helping special needs children. Make a difference.
wrote...
11 years ago
If you're looking to switch to biological sciences, it might be possible to land a technician/assistant level job without a biology (or other science) degree. From there you can gain hands-on experience and make connections that might move you up the ladder a bit.

Many biology jobs are competitive and require at least a bachelors degree, but there are some positions that do not, particularly seasonal jobs.
Jobiology.com
Your source for Biology Jobs!
wrote...
11 years ago
This is a questions I ask myself from time to time.  Also makes me think again about my major.  Good luck to you during your challenge.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  905 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293