t
k
j
e
smilemslisa smilemslisa
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
i am  have interest in psychology, however i keep hearing that this major doesn't really get you a good income job, and you will still need a master degree to be a real psychologist. and computer study is the one that is in high demand right now. i do like computer too, but not to the limit to be nerd about it. what kind of jobs will I get from a bachelor degree in psychology?
Read 501 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
With just a 4 years degree-and no honours or honours, you can be lots of things.

Career counceller,social worker, ummm I remember a website saying a lot of adviser obs...you shoud google it I know there's tons of sites b.c i've looked myself Slight Smile
wrote...
12 years ago
I had this same problem! I finally changed my major to biology with a minor in psychology and am qualified to help do research.
With a BD in Psych, about all you can do is take food stamp applications.
You might be able to get in with a psychologist or psychiatrist and do reception work, or screen calls for the Dr.
You could go on some career web sites and see what's available.
Good luck!
wrote...
12 years ago
Most interested in a career that specializes in psychology, will have to get advanced degrees. Some computer oriented careers also need advanced degrees. A liberal arts degree, in most majors will get you an entry level position in many companies. To have a technical skill, will definitely be a plus. However, in today's job market, an extra year or two in college is really going to get you to the "big money" more quickly....try the book, "What Color Is My Parachute?" or http://www.acinet.org/acinet/
wrote...
12 years ago
You could become a therapist or work in a child study team in a school. If you love psychology you should go for it. A master's degree is very impressive and people will respect you for it. It doesn't matter if the income is low because it's much worse if you choose a job that isn't interesting. Interest motivates people to succeed in their jobs.
OAK
wrote...
12 years ago
Try reading the book "Career Paths in Psychology: Where your degree can take you" by Robert Sternberg.
wrote...
12 years ago
What you've heard is true. Psychology is not a high paying job and it takes a long time to get there (at least 6 years). A bachelor degree in psych is about as useful as an Arts degree with a smattering of science. You'll get all psych theory in an undergrad degree. You'll be good for the same jobs as an Arts graduate and perhaps also as a research assistant. You'd be good for a life of research. If you want to get hands on psych (ie. therapy, working with real people), all that occurs at the Masters level.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1057 People Browsing
Related Images