a
t
i
r
fireman fireman
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I'm not asking you what I CAN'T do, so don't say I need a Masters & a PH.d to get far in psychology. That's obviously not what I'm asking you. What kind of jobs require a bachelors of arts in psychology, if any? Who will hire me? Thanks
Read 809 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Burger flipper.
wrote...
11 years ago
You could get an entry level position at one of those big psychology companies.
wrote...
11 years ago
Companies with department of human resources hire people with BA in psych.
wrote...
11 years ago
To be honest, almost nothing. No one wants to hire a BA in psyche for a job paying over $50k a year. You see, psyche is a delicate degree in which you study the human mind and the reasonining behind the decisions made.

If you don't have a Masters, they don't want you to be messing up clients due to your " inexperience." Your best bet is tutoring.
wrote...
11 years ago
I can't think of any off the top of my head, you'll probably have to go further (sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest) and get a Masters of PH.d before you can set yourself up as a psychologist.

The BA might qualify you to get on another course outside University to become a Psychologist, or you could go into teaching as a psychology teacher or a school counselor (obviously you'd need more qualifications for this).

I recognise that my degree - a BA in Philosophy and Ethics - is of little value in the job market on its own. That's why throughout my time at university I will be working, paid and unpaid, at radio stations and getting work experience at large media corporations so that I'll have both a degree and a trade once I leave.

Then I can carve myself a niche as a journalist by reporting specifically on Religious, ethical or legal issues using the expertise I gained from my degree.
wrote...
11 years ago
It depends on what you specialize in! I know that you can work in a hospital or a private practice. You can specialize in child development or drug abuse and etc. You have multiple career choices. I am going to get my associate degree in psychology ( mental health technology). I want to specialize in child development to work for children services, social worker or in a hospital! Good Luck!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1230 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274