a
t
i
r
r
oangi oangi
wrote...
11 years ago
I am about to start school and i am trying to decide what i want to go for. i really want to do psychology but was wondering if i should keep going to school after i get my bachelors degree or go ahead and look for a job.
Read 831 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
you could teach psychology in a school.
wrote...
11 years ago
If you do decide that psychology is the right thing for you, going to school for a couple more years and you could open your own psychology clinic/firm. A typical bachelors degree in psychology would not really score you a job in education, because mainly psychology is only offered at some high schools and mainly in college, and the ones in college prefers more than a psychology degree. You can definately become a counselor for students, or employees that work in a company that deals with client interventions.
wrote...
11 years ago
Hey,

If you have done your bachelors in psychology, I don't see why you spend another 2-3 years doing your masters. Which can get you qualified as a psychologist and masters degrees are highly sought after in lots of fields of careers.

Cheers,
Good luck Slight Smile

~Stefan
wrote...
11 years ago
One Canadian girl I knew had a psychology degree. She told me she worked as a waitress after that, then she started teaching little kids at a school. I felt she would have been a great psychologist, but it seemed like she needed money. Teaching is hard, but it pays well, most teachers get long holidays and often they are paid holidays. There's just not much else you can do with a bachelors. You could work as a magazine or book editor, perhaps, but you would need advanced grammar skills for that, and may have to be an intern for a while.
wrote...
11 years ago
A degree in Psychology can be useful for any career. I currently work as an analyst for a large corporation and graduated with a BA in Psychology. You just have to find a way to advertise your degree. Psychology is useful because you learn about people, relationships, interaction, bizarre behaviors, appropriate behaviors, etc. This can be attributed to anything in life, including your career. More than likely your career will require you to interact with people, BAM there goes your PSY degree in use.

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  910 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586