t
i
r
r
ashxo ashxo
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I am a junior in college and am an Elementary Education major.  I don't know if I can pass the test to be certified to teach.  I might have to change my major, and I was thinking of either Psychology or Sociology.  What kinds of jobs are typically offered with those BA degrees?
Read 497 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Well, you can consider working in personnel department, testing centers as a psychometrician, mental hospitals if you decide to major in clinical psychology.  Recruitment agencies also need a lot of psychology graduates.

There's a lot to choose from actually. Don't worry, you'll find jobs in that field.
OakTree
wrote...
12 years ago
check this out: http://www.stfrancis.edu/ss/psyadvisetutorial/16jobswithBA.htm

wrote...
12 years ago
With a BA degree in psych you can get jobs like direct care with inpatients or outpatients, working as an educational assistant in a school setting with emotionally disturbed and/or mentally handicapped individuals, or everyday office jobs.  I had several of my colleagues go into human resource jobs and assistant-type jobs in a mental health setting. Unless you get a Masters or Ph.D, though, the pay is really not very high...at all, but sometimes if you go the right route or get an advanced degree it can really help you move along to a good career in the field.  Good luck!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1124 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204