j
s
d
J
tomartrey tomartrey
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
what types of jobs can one get with a sociology degree?
Read 3978 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Well, I live in Canada and I have a honours in sociology.

Not much. I work in IT now.
wrote...
12 years ago
Research Scientist, Research Associate, Social Scientist, Behavioral Scientist, Foundation Program Director, International Health Director (Health Science Administration), Policy Analyst, Research and Evaluation Manager, Research Center Director, Research Coordinator
wrote...
12 years ago
There are over 10 sociology grads for every job opening. All of the jobs are on the public payroll.
wrote...
12 years ago
None that are specific.  Sociology is just a turnkey 4 year degree program that hasn't taught you anything specific to do in life.  Time to find a skill.  Do that by taking an entry level position (often only requires a high school diploma) and work your way up.  After 10 years or so, you will have much more options available to you.
wrote...
12 years ago
Case Manager, Service Worker, Advertising Firm.
wrote...
12 years ago
Right off undergrad?  Not too much.  Like juliomarquez8 mentioned, you can find an entry level position and work your way up.  Many people I know with sociology degrees continue their studies in graduate school which in turn leads to better job opportunities.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1481 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 119
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?