t
i
r
r
julik julik
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
12 years ago
I love English and writing, but I'm looking into either psychology or sociology as well. What types of jobs would be available for any of these degrees? At least an associate's degree in English, but probably a bachelor's degree in psychology or sociology. Right now I'm not really looking at going beyond that, but that could be a possiblity later.
Read 659 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
I am sorry, but a person will not get far in any of these fields without a graduate degree, except in those states which allow a person with a bachelor's degree in English to teach high school without any further college work being completed.  An associate degree in English leads only to a four-year school and a bachelor's degree in English.

A sociology degree seldom leads to a job offer.  If you want to do social work, earn a bachelor's degree in psychology and a master's in social work.

The best career path in these fields is a Psy.D. or Ph.D. in psychology.  You need a doctorate to get a good (or almost any) job in psychology.

I hope this answer has been helpful.
wrote...
12 years ago
My sociology Prof. does research for the government. He goes into downtown San Antonio and talks to druggies hookers and gang bangers to find out how they ended up where they are. It's a salary position with the government to find the loopholes in the system. A degree in sociology can also get you into the police force if you have other skills as well. Oh and to be a social worker you need a degree in either sociology or psychology. Also a lot of businesses are starting to hire psychology majors in their marketing departments. Makes sense, huh?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1221 People Browsing
 125 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?