a
t
i
r
Julia Jeffrey Julia Jeffrey
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
my dermatologist wants to put me on Yamin or some birth control to help my acne. i'm a virgin, and planning on staying that way. have never had any problems with my period or anything. so what are the side effects of taking the pill? i don't want to have to worry about randomly bleeding. is taking it really worth it?
Read 602 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
i'd read about your fertility first before putting any hormones in your body... you can do things like drinking certain teas and changes in your diet instead... read this book called cycle savvy if you are a teenager... or taking charge of your fertility by toni weschler...
there are other, less invasive and body changing things you can do. your fertility cycle is a very special thing! do the research. i'm glad you are already! but make sure to make an informed decision and don't feel pressured to go on any prescription, especially one that changes your hormones.
wrote...
11 years ago
Taking the pill will help your balance of hormones (which helps clear your face of acne). It regulates your period and decreases your chances of ovarian and cervical cancer. Taking the pill doesn't neccesarily mean that you have to be sexually active. Some side effects are nausea and hairloss but it depends on person to person. If a certain pill doesn't work for you, your dermatologist will replace it with something else. I hope this helps.

Don't worry about randomly bleeding. You period will come on time (it won't be late or early) if you're on the pill. It's usually a day or two after you finish the whole cycle of pills.
wrote...
11 years ago
It depends on the brand that your doctor prescribes for you, but I would say not to worry about any sort of random bleeding unless you forget to take your pills each day.

I was put on Yaz for acne reasons and I felt fine! But a friend of mine who was on ortho-tri-cyclin got moody and felt sick all the time. Don't worry if you don't feel well on any brand, just tell you doctor and he/she will give you another one to try.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1218 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586