s
a
t
i
r
lara lara
wrote...
13 years ago
Sally is analysing the segregation of two phenotypes in a F2 population. One trait is qualitative (simple) and another trait is quantitative (complex). Sally is likely to find
A) continuous segregation of both traits
B) discrete segregation of both traits
C) continuous segregation of the quantitative trait and discrete segregation of the qualitative trait
D) continuous segregation of the qualitative trait and discrete segregation of the quantitative trait
E) No phenotypic segregation at all

Please help me with this, I am reviewing stuff for my exam and I don't even know what the continuous and discrete segregation means? How do you know how it changes regarding the different types of traits?
Any advice would be dearly appreciated. Thank you.
Read 3660 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
13 years ago
I believe quantitative traits show continuous segregation. Basically, continuous traits are quantitative traits with a continuous phenotypic range. So I am guessing C) continuous segregation of the quantitative trait and discrete segregation of the qualitative trait.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
13 years ago
Sally is analysing the segregation of two phenotypes in a F2 population. One trait is qualitative (simple) and another trait is quantitative (complex). Sally is likely to find

A) continuous segregation of both traits
B) discrete segregation of both traits
C) continuous segregation of the quantitative trait and discrete segregation of the qualitative trait
D) continuous segregation of the qualitative trait and discrete segregation of the quantitative trait
E) No phenotypic segregation at all

It's definitely C. Slight Smile
~Live well, laugh often, and love with all of your heart!~
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1176 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352