a
t
i
r
juju juju
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago

I'm in 7th grade science. Tell me what you think.
Slight Smile
THANKS!

Differences Between Animal and Plant Cells

Plant and animal cells have many similarities and differences. To begin with, they are both eukaryotic cells- meaning they have a defined nucleus. Both cells contain vacuoles, but plant cells have one large vacuole taking up to 90% of its space. This large vacuole stores water, toxins, and other necessary things.  The cell walls of plant cells are made up of cellulose. Cellulose lets high pressure build up inside the cell without it popping. Plant cells need this because more water is absorbed by them. Plant cells also use photosynthesis, a process of capturing sunlight and converting it into energy. Animal cells have no chloroplasts, which leaves them without shape. Their shapes are very unique and different; while plant cells are usually rectangular. In conclusion, plant and animal cells are different in many ways.

Read 699 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
zzz
wrote...
11 years ago
you may need to elaborate more because this seems a bit short.

you can go into detail of photosynthesis and how sunlight is converted into energy for plants. and for animals how sugar is converted into energy during cellular respiration.

and take out "to begin with" -- that's too colloquial.

good job otherwise!!
wrote...
11 years ago
Great content, I think you have good information. However, If this is an essay, I would focus on your structure a bit...

You know:
(1)Topic Sentence
   (2) Supporting Detail (one diff)
      (3) Explanation (explain the difference)
   (2)
      (3)
   (2)
      (3)
(C) Conclusion (restate topic sentence)

*as I read, I found most of the Information that would be put into these categories, just some were unorganized, for instance...
(1) Plant and animal cells have many similarities and differences. (very good)

In your second sentence, you say that they are both eukaryotic. This would be more of a similarity, and somewhat off topic, I would clean this up.

~difference in vacuoles (good)
~cell walls (good)
~photo. (good)
~chloroplast (good)

Like I stated in the beginning, you have the right information, just needs a bit more organization, then you will be good to go... ^.^ good luck

~*~ one last thing, not to controdict Robin, but, I do not think you should go into detail on photosynthesis, because this essay is not focused on the proccess of photo. but the differences between plant and animal cells...
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1348 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79