a
t
i
r
micronat micronat
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I only did GCSE science so I only know the basics when it comes to Newtonian Physics.

I'm not planning on becoming a physicist, I just enjoy reading about quantum physics but some of the stuff goes completely over my head.
Read 498 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
The more you know, the better, but it seems Quantum Physics is most closely related to Wave Optics.  In Wave Optics, you study how light interferes each other according to constructive and destructive interference of waves.  In Quantum Physics, you study about how not just light interfere in this manner, but electrons too.  You also learn about how light can be considered as beams of particles known as photons, with each photon carrying some discrete amount of energy.

That means in order to understand both Quantum Physics and Wave Optics, you need to understand mechanical waves.  You also should understand electromagnetic waves, which means you should also understand electromagnetism.

Newtonian concepts such as velocity, force, acceleration and energy are also indispensable.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1291 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292