s
a
t
i
r
safezone safezone
wrote...
7 years ago
Karen died on May 5 of the current year. Her executor elects date-of-death valuation. Karen's gross estate possibly includes the following items:
•   Joint checking account (with her husband), which has a balance of $10,000. Her husband did not contribute to the account.
•   Joint savings account (with her daughter), which has a balance of $50,000. Her daughter did not contribute to the account.
•   Life insurance policy on the life of Karen, having a face value of $400,000. The cost of a comparable policy immediately before Karen's death is $150,000. Karen's estate is the beneficiary.
•   Life insurance policy on the life of Karen's daughter, having a face value of $100,000 with an interpolated terminal reserve immediately before Karen's death of $30,000.
Unexpired premiums are $5,000. Karen is the beneficiary. How much, if any, of these items are included in Karen's estate?
Textbook 
Prentice Hall's Federal Taxation 2014 Corporations, Partnerships, Estates & Trusts

Prentice Hall's Federal Taxation 2014 Corporations, Partnerships, Estates & Trusts

Edition: 27th
Authors:
Read 114 times
1 Reply
That's not philosophy, it's geometry
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
genflynngenflynn
wrote...
Top Poster
7 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here
We have the most crude accounting tools. It's tragic because our accounts and our national arithmetic doesn't tell us the things that we need to know.