a
t
i
r
123kid 123kid
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
hi, im an 18 year old male, and my mother and grandma both have androgenetic alopecia. they have full coverage of their heads but the hair is very thin and you can see right through all over.
i noticed my hair is thinning all over the scalp. theres no "bald spot" or receding hairline, but the entire length of the scalp has diffuse thin hair and is visible. it looks alot like pics of female pattern baldness. this has been going on gradually for around 2 years.
do you think the drug propecia, which works by inhibiting DHT, would be an effective treatment for me? i know different types of hair loss have different causes so would this drug be effective in helping me maintain the hair i still have? or does it only help with normal male pattern baldness? im seeing a dermatologist soon so i hope he knows.
thanks, i know not many people on here are experts but i really appreciate any help or advice you can give.
Read 514 times
1 Reply