a
t
i
r
lemonsplk lemonsplk
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
when a red flower is polinated with a white flower, pink flowers result. it is an example of incomplete dominance, but i think it is kind of codominance inheritance because pink is the result of red plus white. what is the mechanism in resulting in pink flower? I mean the mechanism connecting with enzymes and metabolism.
Read 509 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
it is incomplete dominance. the red flower is dominatnt and the white flower is recessive. however, the white flower is still expressing itself slightly, which means it isn't COMPLETEY recessive (the red flower is then incompletely dominant)
wrote...
11 years ago
lol Smiling Face with Open Mouth i need a dictionary Confounded Face
wrote...
11 years ago
you are right that the red and white flower making a pink one is incomplete but codominance is a simple one or the other you are thinking of the ancient approach (blending) for example if i had a red flower and mixed it with a white flower (red is dominant) the result will be all heterozygous red flowers (if you do a punett square all the F1 generation [offspring] would be heterozygous [Ff])
Good Luck!!
wrote...
11 years ago
It would be an example of incomplete dominance because crossing the red and white flowers brought about a pink flower. Here, both the red allele and the white allele are expressed, but not fully--or rather incompletely.

An example of codominance would be if you crossed a red and white flower which resulted in a red flower with white dots all over it (or vice versa). Here, both red and white traits are expressed at the same time--or rather codominantly.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1232 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?