a
t
i
r
lenam lenam
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
It's part of my A level assignment on genetics and inheritance. Haven't got a clue really to be honest, i understand monohybrid inheritance i think, but don't understand sex linkage inheritance...
help please
Read 319 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Sex linked inheritance.
u must know that ,male has the sign XY and female has the sign XX
lets take haemophelia ,which is heridetary bleeding desease when the gene is present on the X^h ,the male will be dead ,but for a female if XX is normal  ,X^hX is carrying the gene to her kids,and X^hX^h is dead female.
so if a male normal person is married to a carrier heamophelia gene Female what you expect their kids to be about the heamophelia desease.

Male  X   Female
                                                                       XY     /        X^hX

Gametes                           ( X) ,   (Y )    /    ( X^h ).  ( X)

First Filial Generation      X^hX , X^hY ,    XX , XY

X^hX=carier female                                                
                                                                     X^hY=dead male

so 1/4 of the F1 will be died ,because when the lethal gene h connects with chromosome X in the male ,this male is dead.
and 1/4 of the F1 will be heamophelia carrier females.

same happens with baldness in men and women ..etc  
END
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1300 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion