a
t
i
r
ilovelax ilovelax
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
im isolating agrobacterium tumefaciens, i got a few isolates.However, when i compare to the one that i got a few years back, the morphology is quite different. So does anyone know the phenotype of this bacteria? i.e. the colour? shape? colony edges? and even better share me a picture of your agrobacterium colonies.
Read 328 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago Edited: 11 years ago, bio_man
Agrobacterium tumefaciens is a gram negative, motile, rod shaped bacterium which is non sporing, and is closely related to the N-fixing rhizobium bacteria which form root nodules on leguminous plants. The bacterium is surrounded by a small number of peritricious flagella. Virulent bacteria contain one or more large plasmids, one of which carries the genes for tumour induction and is known as the Ti (tumour inducing) plasmid. The Ti plasmid also contains the genes that determine the host range and the symptoms, which the infection will produce. Without this Ti plasmid, the bacterium is described as being non virulent and will not be able to cause disease on the plant.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1318 People Browsing
Related Images