t
i
r
r
adthz adthz
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
a. Why have retailers placed such great importance on post-purchase behavior?
b. How can a retailer minimize a consumer's cognitive dissonance?
Textbook 
Retail Management: A Strategic Approach

Retail Management: A Strategic Approach

Edition: 12th
Authors:
Read 211 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
8 months ago
a. Retailers place great importance on post-purchase behavior because it can help them predict customer loyalty and advocacy, improve marketing and communications, create a more positive perception of the brand, identify consumer fit and increase ecommerce sales, build strong relationships with customers, improve customer lifetime value (LTV), increase cart size and transaction value, and drive up eCommerce referral rates. Understanding post-purchase behavior can help brands improve their marketing and communications, and create a more positive perception of the brand.

b. Retailers can minimize a consumer’s cognitive dissonance by focusing on more supportive beliefs that outweigh the dissonant belief or behavior, reducing the importance of the conflicting belief, changing the conflicting belief so that it is consistent with other beliefs or behaviors, encouraging consumer beliefs, using a consistent tone, including relevant facts, appealing to emotions, solving a pain point, relating to consumers, verifying claims, engaging a reactionary response, and creating affirmations.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1038 People Browsing
Related Images