a
t
i
r
blake_young blake_young
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Which is better, work first then school? or school first then work??? Well i want to study biology, but almost of my peers did not enrol since they want to work first.. I\'m confused on what to do first... help me out guys....
Read 1958 times
9 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
12 years ago Edited: 12 years ago, biolove
Which is better, work first then school? or school first then work???

Go to school first, don't mean to offend you, but your friends are losers for thinking otherwise, and it makes you a loser too if you listen to them. You lose site of the main goal when you start working and you end up becoming money hungry (even though you won't make more than 1200 a month). Assuming you're in high school now, you're too young to start working. Who really wants to wake up every morning at 7:00 to be yelled at by some half-assed prick. The only reason I stayed in school for so long was the fact we had 4 month summer periods. Use those four months to find a good job that will help pay for your schooling every year and focus on getting good grades so that you get scholarships. Don't waste your time with work.
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
Blake, school should always come first unless you have financial issues, of course. My university professor was an astrophysicist, PhD., and a part-time politician before the age of 28. Do things while you are still young and vibrant. I know one year of missing school doesn't sound so bad on paper right now, but that's one year everyone else in your current grade have on you when they graduate and look for jobs and you're still in your fourth year, trying to finish-off what you could have finished a year before. You catching my drift here? There is something very attractive in our society about a young person who is very successful.
wrote...
12 years ago
I am probably working tomorrow night because no one will cover for me. Professor announces a quiz 2 days in advance, this sucks. I feel your pain blake
wrote...
12 years ago Edited: 12 years ago, chieuduongnd
As biolove and bio_man said, school first, work later. Why?  Neutral Face
Because if you do the reverse, you will result in my case: Sitting in a class surrounded by younger ppl all around you. You then start wondering what the hell did you achieved in the last 5 years, except for some *already consumed* cash  Undecided ; then you look at your friends, whom used to went to high school together with you, now they all have associate, bachelor, some even have master degrees -> have a career -> family; yet you're still empty handed, wishing that time turns back a lil bit..
You can find money again, and again, and again but you can't retrieve time. Waving Hand Sign

Dude, it sucks Face with Stuck-out Tongue

wrote...
12 years ago
I agree with the above comments. Definetly school first... Good luck.
wrote...
12 years ago
everyone's right, school should be done first... If you'll get an associate/bachelor's/masters degree you'll get higher pay... If you have financial concerns, don't worry about it... There are a lot of scholarships you can take advantage of... Try surfing the net for financial assistance for school.. One you can try out is collegeoptions.us and their college representatives will help you out... Do good in school and you'll see success in the future...  Slight Smile
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
If you'll get an associate/bachelor's/masters degree you'll get higher pay

Not only that, but your pay increases over time. With a high school diploma, you peak at around 35-40.
blake_young Author
wrote...
12 years ago
thank you guys, i appreciate all of your replies...
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
thank you guys, i appreciate all of your replies...

Hope you end up making the right decision.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1241 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586