a
t
i
r
endgame endgame
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Hello, I'm a junior undergraduate student aiming for a biology degree and chemistry minor from Illinois State University. The school is not known for its science programs. I switched to biology from biology education and didn't transfer because I am established their. I don't plan on being a doctor but I do plan to go to graduate school for science. Anyway, what are my career options if I don't go to to graduate school? What are some good graduate schools for genetics, horticulture or botany in the United States Midwest? I have a 3.3 gpa at the moment.
Read 6204 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
Hi endgame, I think I read an article somewhere which stated that biology is one of the worst graduate degrees when it comes to finding a job. Upon graduating, you can find a job teaching at a post-secondary institution. You could work as a lab technician for a pharmaceutical company, or at a university preparing chemicals and lab protocols for university students. Congratulations on your GPA, I'm assuming it's out of 4? In all honesty, all graduate schools are alike, no matter how prestigious the school might seem. They all have one thing in common, they want your money in return for a degree.
wrote...
10 years ago
Any lab job would be an option, but you'd need at least one year experience usually...research assistant, lab technician

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1266 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?