a
t
i
r
ashya29 ashya29
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
What kind of jobs can a person expect to get after attaining a bachelors degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry, with a pre-professional emphasis.
I already have my Bachelors degree in biology and my minor in Chemistry. I just want to know what kind of jobs are out there for a person with my educational background. I graduated with nearly a 4.0 in college.
Read 438 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
If you can get a 3.0 or above you can go to Dental School (so long as you do well on your D.A.T.)

If you can get a 3.5 or above you can go to Medical School (so long as you do well on your MCAT).

the dental / medical requirements tend to overlap but the most important (that you need a 3.0+ / 3.5+)  are:

first year of college level bio
first year of college level physics (calculus or non-calculus)
first year of college level math
first year of college level inorganic/general chemistry
first year of college level organic chemistry
first year of college level english
some schools want a course in biochemistry.  

You can also be a physicians assistant or a nurse. You can also go for a phd.  You can also get your masters and teach in high school or middle school.  

There are more options but thats what I know.

College Level Natural Science can be challenging
(with the exception of a few INTRO courses in a few schools (those tend to be warmups for the college level courses which may also be called intro's)).  
They're much more difficult then high school.  Make sure you love natural science and are committed to a career goal.  Then study hard.

Regardless of what you choose,  make sure that whatever you learn you dont forget.  Every course is cumulative and the course after the previous course depends on how well you learned the previous material.

Plus,  a few months of studying for the mcat or dat cannot match the 3 years of material that you were suppose to learn by heart.

Definitely talk to your guidance counselor and your college career center.  Or look it up online or in a career guide book.

Good luck! =)
wrote...
11 years ago
Most popular routes not requiring further education that are open to you suited for your degree:

Entry level lab assistant at a biotech firm.  

Pharmaceutical sales

Govt jobs in water testing, pollution control, environmental protection, etc, type positions.  

Entry level assistant at a zoo

And of course, there are many jobs you can apply for that aren't related to the field at all.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1230 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352