t
i
r
r
TangLang TangLang
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Roza bought a bookcase from a furniture store two days ago. As she was trying to assemble the bookcase, two of the pieces broke off at the corners when being screwed together. Roza developed the following email to make a claim and request an adjustment from the company.

To: feedback@kian.com
Sub: Request for product replacement

Dear Customer Service Representative,

I am terribly disappointed at the quality of the product I bought at Kian Furniture. I was shocked when some of the pieces just broke off into my hands during assembly.

Two of the pieces of the bookcase (model no. DA236698) I bought from your store in Orillia, ON, on 6 June, 2012, broke off at the corners when I was trying to screw them together to assemble the furniture.  I was using the tools that were enclosed with the product and was following the assembly directions closely. I have attached a scanned copy of the bill for the purchase.

I want my money to be returned at the earliest. I have bought several products from Kian in the past but will not do so again if this matter is not resolved satisfactorily. You can reach me on my cell phone at (516) 123-4567. I look forward to hearing from you by the weekend.

Sincerely,
Roza White

As an expert in business communication, you realize that the following line in the closing of Roza’s message is not likely to be effective: “I want my money to be returned at the earliest. I have bought several products from Kian in the past but will not do so again if this matter is not resolved satisfactorily.” Which of the following statements would best replace these lines?
A.    Please resolve this issue at the earliest. Also, please keep in mind that I will no longer shop at Kian if this issue is not resolved satisfactorily.
B.    I would appreciate a complete refund of my money for this product or a voucher for the same amount. I have bought several pieces from Kian in the past and enjoy your modern and functional designs and excellent customer service.
C.    I did enjoy shopping at Kian and your modern and functional designs. However, whether or not I continue shopping from your stores depends on how you respond to my request.
D.    I expect a full and complete refund or voucher for the price of the bookcase that I recently bought. Considering that it broke during assembly and is now useless to me, don’t you think that my request is only fair?
Textbook 
Business Communication Essentials, Canadian Edition

Business Communication Essentials, Canadian Edition

Edition: 3rd
Authors:
Read 221 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
atomicpc_techatomicpc_tech
wrote...
6 years ago