t
i
r
Nena Nena
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
10 years ago

Hyperventilation
1.   Describe the normal ranges for pH and carbon dioxide in the blood. ph range- 7.35 to 7.45 i.e. slightly alkaline in nature.
The normal range of CO2 in serum is 35-45 mEq/L
2.   Describe what happened to the pH and the carbon dioxide levels with hyperventilation. How well did the results compare with your prediction? The ph increases and the carbon dioxide decreases
3.   Explain how returning to normal breathing after hyperventilation differed from hyperventilation without returning to normal breathing. When there is a return to normal breathing, there is a brief period of about ten seconds where the breath is held in order retain CO2 before returning to normal breathing after hyperventilation. The brief breath holding is what returns hyperventilation to normal breathing. In hyperventilation without return to normal breathing this does not happen.
4.   Describe some possible causes of respiratory alkalosis. Traveling at high altitudes or hyperventilation from fever panic attack or  anxiety ACTIV
Renal Responses to Respiratory Acidosis and Respiratory Alkalosis
1.   Describe what happened to the concentration of ions in the urine when the   was lowered. How well did the results compare with your prediction? H+ decreased and HCO3- elevated
2.   What condition was simulated when the   was lowered? Alikosis
3.   Describe what happened to the concentration of ions in the urine when the   was raised. How well did the results compare with your prediction? H+ elevated and HCO3- decreased
4.   What condition was simulated when the   was raised? Acidosis ACTIVRespiratory Responses to Metabolic Acidosis and Metabolic Alkalosis
1.   Describe what happened to the blood pH when the metabolic rate was increased to 80 kcal/hr. What body system was compensating? How well did the results compare with your prediction? Ph decreases
2.   List and describe some possible causes of metabolic acidosis. how the acidosis is caused.   ketoacidosis a build up od keto acids that can result from diabetes mellitus, salicylate poisoning toxic condition from too much aspirin or oil od wintergreen, too much alcohol, diarrhea, strenuous exercise
3.   Describe what happened to the blood pH when the metabolic rate was decreased to 20 kcal/hr. What body system was compensating? How well did the results compare with your prediction? Ph increase
4.   List and describe some possible causes of metabolic alkalosis. how the alkalosis is caused.   ingestion of alkali, vomiting,   constipation
Read 3094 times
2 Replies