Top Posters
Since Sunday
Mateyman Mateyman
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
3 years ago
For my final project for my write class I need to create a cover letter that I would use as additional information on top of my resume.

The cover letter can address a specific job or an internship opportunity.

I am a Biology major and do want to eventually become a physician so I am not sure if I should be looking for internships for this project or just focus on a job, just whatever is the easiest to be honest, this letter doesn't have to reflect my real life, but its just for the sake of class objectives. If I was to do an internship it would be a prospecting letter I believe is what its called and if I was applying for a job it would be cover letter.

Really if possible, do send me some examples of cover letters for physician jobs or to internship at a company that's maybe related health work?

The rules for a prospecting letter aka internship:

The rules for a cover letter:

Read 105 times
3 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Funny because being a medical doctor speaks for itself, who needs a "cover letter" when you're a doctor -- hello? 9 years of school... Grinning Face with Smiling Eyes

Anyway, here's a cover letter I found for a medical-related position:

Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Mateyman Author
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, Mateyman
Haha I know right that's why I am focusing on the internship.

Just a quick question:

In the letter you sent me it says "director of development and marketing" but I am not sure how to adjust that for the position I'm interning for.

I researched the company to intern for and found that this person is the owner: https://perlmanclinic.com/ourteam/dr-monica-perlman/ what do you think I should put instead of that "director of development and marketing" line?! I am just not sure what position or type of work I'm applying for. It doesn't have to be anything real ofcourse, but the link I put up is a company currently hiring physicians, so I wasn't sure if I could ask them for internships and if so I'm not sure what position it would be.
Post Merge: 3 years ago

Also 1 more question

One of the requirements is to talk about something that interested you from the company.

Well the link I gave about about Perlman clinic, they made a phone app that allows you to facetime with your doctor which is obv a big thing during these times.

How can I mention this without coming out too kiss up? Maybe something that says "I like new tech so this is something that motivates me" something along those lines but also relate that tech to healthcare if possible?
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
3 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 270 words.