a
t
i
r
EA EA
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
10 years ago
The diagram shows feedback mechanisms associated with the thyroid gland. Identify what is occurring at the labels (A) through (F), and name the hormones involved at each point. Im not very sure what to do.
thanks
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 3993 times
12 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago

Hope this helps, message back if it doesn't
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
EA Author
wrote...
10 years ago

Hope this helps, message back if it doesn't
I still am not sure. can you please explain. heres an addition to the question i forgot to add.
The diagram shows feedback mechanisms associated with the thyroid gland. Identify what is occurring at the labels (A) through (F), and name the hormones involved at each point and whether it is increasing or decreasing. Assume the left side of the diagram represents the positive feedback and the right side represents the negative feedback of the system.
Is point C, an example of a negative or positive feedback mechanism? Explain
sorry :/
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
I think C and F is referring to T3 and T4, according to the diagrams Savio provided. However, that may be problematic since the right side is for negative only, and the left side is for positive only Undecided
EA Author
wrote...
10 years ago
I think C and F is referring to T3 and T4, according to the diagrams Savio provided. However, that may be problematic since the right side is for negative only, and the left side is for positive only Undecided
ya but  take a look at the diagram i posted to try and help if you can? i need to submit this assignment today and i still have no clue :/
thanks
wrote...
10 years ago
Hypo sends message to ant. pit using thyrotropin-releasing hormone (THR). Ant. pit sends message to both the hypo and thyroid via thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). It acts negatively to the hypo and positively to the thyroid. Thyroid then sends out T3 and T4, T4 acts negatively on the hypo.
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
wrote...
10 years ago
Your over thinking it.  If its T3 and T4, its basically circling around, the positive, is in the middle.  It goes from positive to negative.  So in the end it is negative. Good Luck.
wrote...
10 years ago
Your over thinking it.  If its T3 and T4, its basically circling around, the positive, is in the middle.  It goes from positive to negative.  So in the end it is negative. Good Luck.

Well then Face with Stuck-out Tongue Could you tell us each letter?
EA Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Hypo sends message to ant. pit using thyrotropin-releasing hormone (THR). Ant. pit sends message to both the hypo and thyroid via thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). It acts negatively to the hypo and positively to the thyroid. Thyroid then sends out T3 and T4, T4 acts negatively on the hypo.
awesome! Slight Smile can you please label them . like a through f. and then state whether each is decreasing or not
wrote...
10 years ago
I don't think I can, there are more arrows in the diagram than chemicals I mentioned.
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
awesome! Slight Smile can you please label them . like a through f. and then state whether each is decreasing or not

HI EA, could you please update us with the answer to this question. Once again, it has surfaced on the forum and we don't know how to answer it right.

https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=110256
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
10 years ago
Can someone please update this questiion!?! I cant get it for the life of me ! Frowning Face
EA Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I'm done with that unit and i can't find where the answer is D:
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1224 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?