Top Posters
Since Sunday
k
jerikamiller jerikamiller
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I'm having troubles finishing up that few problems on my physioex 9.0 exercise 3 sheet. If anyone could help me out with these it would be much appreciated..

1. The olfactory receptor also contains a membrane protein that recognizes isoamyl acetate and, via several other molecules, transduces the odor stimulus into a receptor potential. Does the Pacinian corpuscle  likely have the isoamyl acetate receptor protein? Does the free nerve ending likely have this isoamyl acetate receptor protein?

2. Why is the resting membrane potential the same value in both the sensory neuron and the interneuron?

3.What is the relationship between the interspike interval and the frequency of action potentials?
Read 3365 times
4 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
1. The olfactory receptor also contains a membrane protein that recognizes isoamyl acetate and, via several other molecules, transduces the odor stimulus into a receptor potential. Does the Pacinian corpuscle  likely have the isoamyl acetate receptor protein? Does the free nerve ending likely have this isoamyl acetate receptor protein?

The Pacinian corpuscle and the free nerve ending are not likely to have the isoamyl acetate receptor because they did not respond to chemical stimuli.

What do you think the other two may be?
Answer accepted by topic starter
blackxrsblackxrs
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free