m
p
m
jc9193 jc9193
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, jc9193
Question number 1:
------According to the results form tube 4, can bile salt hydrolyze fat into glycerol and fatty acids?(tube 4 does NOT contain lipase, instead it contains deionized water). EXPLAIN WHY
Without bile salt, can lipase hydrolyze fat to release fatty acid at all? EXPLAIN.

Question # 2:
.............Considering the pH in duodenum and the results from this experiment, predict the optimum pH for pancreatic enzymes. Defend prediction.
My answer: pH 7.0. How do i defend this answer?

Thank you for all your time and help! I really appreciate it! Happy Halloween to all!
Post Merge: 10 years ago

------According to the results form tube 4, can bile salt hydrolyze fat into glycerol and fatty acids?(tube 4 does NOT contain lipase, instead it contains deionized water). EXPLAIN WHY

I believe this may be true: No, bile salts are incapable of hydrolyzing into glycerol and fatty acids because the tube 4 does not contain the lipase reagent, which is responsible for bile salts to emulsify lipids and convert them into fatty acids and glycerol.

What do you think? Is this correct or am I completely wrong?

Without bile salt, can lipase hydrolyze fat to release fatty acid at all? EXPLAIN.
No, bile salts are responsible for emulsification of lipids and must be represented during the process of lipase hydrolyzation for the the release of fatty acids to respectfully occur.

Am I right? What do you think?
Read 1031 times