× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
big-e_7 big-e_7
wrote...
Rep: 1 1
12 years ago
I need help answering these last four questions. I've answered 44 questions out of 48 and I can't figure out these last four so can someone please HELP me?Neutral Face?

QUESTIONS

1.) detailed understanding of the cellular basis of signaling in the nervous system has lead to good understanding of consciousness, intelligence, and emotions.
                                                    A. true
                                                    B. false

2.) which of the following is NOT a known drug effect on synaptic function.
                                      A. interfere with neurotransmitter synthesis
                                      B. alter the rate of neurotransmitter release
                                      C. prevent neurotransmitter inactivation
                                      D. prevent neurotransmitter binding to receptors
                                      E. change the type of neurotransmitter found in the synaptic vesicle

3.) caffeine and related stimulants exert their effects by
                                 A. mimicking a specific neurotransmitter
                                 B. inhibiting a specific neurotransmitter
                                 C. mimicking a specific neuromodulator
                                 D. inhibiting a specific neuromodulator

4.) a molecule that blocks substance P from binding to its receptor would
                                          A. stimulate a painful sensation
                                          B. inhibit the perception of pain
                                          C. alter the perception of hot and cold stimuli
                                          D. interfere with transduction from chemoreceptors 
Read 4778 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
2. E, 4. D
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
1.) detailed understanding of the cellular basis of signaling in the nervous system has lead to good understanding of consciousness, intelligence, and emotions.                                                    A. true                                                    B. false

A) True
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
2.) which of the following is NOT a known drug effect on synaptic function.                                      A. interfere with neurotransmitter synthesis                                      B. alter the rate of neurotransmitter release                                      C. prevent neurotransmitter inactivation                                      D. prevent neurotransmitter binding to receptors                                      E. change the type of neurotransmitter found in the synaptic vesicle

E
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
3.) caffeine and related stimulants exert their effects by                                 A. mimicking a specific neurotransmitter                                 B. inhibiting a specific neurotransmitter                                 C. mimicking a specific neuromodulator                                 D. inhibiting a specific neuromodulator

B
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
4.) a molecule that blocks substance P from binding to its receptor would                                           A. stimulate a painful sensation                                          B. inhibit the perception of pain                                          C. alter the perception of hot and cold stimuli                                          D. interfere with transduction from chemoreceptors

B
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
Could you post the answers to the other questions you answered? Would like to check them and It may help the community. Thinking Face
- Bachelor of Science
big-e_7 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
I already got my answers on the test because it had to be sent through the internet and It sends me the results right away so once i get a little time from my other homework i will post the  all the test questions and and the answers to them!!!!!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1186 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion