c
r
e
lrob lrob
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
12 years ago
Hey guys!

I'm starting quite an interesting literature project on whether/how nucleosomes are positioned in the genome. It's fairly open-ended and meant to test research skills on an emerging topic.  The main questions I will try to answer on this subject will be:

------------------------------------

How are nucleosomes positioned and organised in the genomes of different species? (Comparison between organisms)

Is positioning information an intrinsic part of DNA, is it governed by the histone interaction, is it mediated by the cell environment- or a combination of all of these?

What defects and diseases are related to nucleosome positioning defects?

-------------------------------------

These I think are good questions to answer to make an interesting an informative report. However if anyone has any other areas they think would be interesting to research into, any ideas would be very welcome.

It's a pretty cool subject, and for those who aren't familiar with this topic Jiang and Pugh have an excellent introductory review.
http://www.nature.com/nrg/journal/v10/n3/full/nrg2522.html

Thanks!
 Slight Smile
Read 2023 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
It is, but in what format are you writing this?
lrob Author
wrote...
12 years ago
I'm doing a critical analysis of papers researching into the questions I've decided to look into. For example I would look at papers researching into whether histone binding is governed by intrinsic information in DNA, comparing methods and results and coming to my own conclusion.
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
I'm doing a critical analysis of papers researching into the questions I've decided to look into. For example I would look at papers researching into whether histone binding is governed by intrinsic information in DNA, comparing methods and results and coming to my own conclusion.

Kind of like a review, correct? In that case, it all depends on how much you have to write about. Are there any guidelines when it comes to the word limit?
lrob Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Sorry for the late reply, yes a sort of review- the word count is quite generous, it's 10,000 words, so plenty of room for new ideas! Thanks!
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago

Face with Open Mouth
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1125 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 365