d
c
a
r
tqwolfork tqwolfork
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Hi I've got a biochemistry assignment which is really confusing me and the title is : Using examples, illustrate how the chemistry of amino acid side chains can contribute to the mechanisms of  action of proteins? Can anyone help me out with this. So far i've written about Histadine in active sites but dont really know what else I can write for it Confounded Face
Read 1413 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
I think you're over the head of a mere a level student, But it sounds to me that you might want to talk about Hydrogen bonding, the role side chains play in maintaining tertiary structure, which is esstianal for reactions to take place?
Also about hydrophillia and hydrophobia in sidechains
Maybe also perhaps on inhibitors?
Peace out
wrote...
10 years ago
the way amino acid chains are formed determine the structure of the protein, and protein structure determines its function. so, i guess you could use cars as an example. car parts would be amino acids, and those car parts would determine what kind of car is made, and the type of car determines the function (truck, van, sports car)
wrote...
10 years ago
It would be useful to talk about the active site and proteins involved in a catalytic triad
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1283 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 81