× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
jasrodriguez829 jasrodriguez829
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I am starting my junior year now working on my biology degree. I started my molecular biology course today and thought I should join a forum to further educate myself with the topics you all like to discuss.

Anyway, we will be working on a lab (one I'm sure most of you had done) in your molecular bio class.  We will be cloning a Drosophila gene and fuse to GFP. Then design an experiment that uses the GFP-tagged protein.

We have to come up with a YFG. Professor also told us to look for proteins that are likely to be synthesized in the Kc167 cells. I understand that I should choose a particular gene I should be interested in.  I was just curious with what kind of genes you've tried.  What genes did you find interesting to study? Any suggestions? I was looking at tumor suppressor genes but wanted to see what the forum had to say.  Please excuse me, this is my first molecular biology course. Last bio course was a cell biology class.

Thanks! Cannot wait to read what is on the forum.
Read 617 times
3 Replies