a
d
c
raphael raphael
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
 Hello researchers and science lovers,

My question involves mitochondria. Specifically mitochondrial metabolism.
 I have found a compound that, i believe, disrupts metabolism of mitochondrias. However my question for everyone, patient enough to answer, is how can i study and confirm this disruption that i believe this compound do in mitochondria. I can do some oxygen electrode some may think. But what about proteins in study? Can i take a specific protein and bind it with something to see? And then what protein do you guys suggest? Because in mammalian mitochondria there is more than 1000 proteins..

Thanks and i hope i get some ideas.
Read 1242 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
I remember we once isolated mitochondria from cabbage leaves. We coated the isolate with a dye of some sort, placed it into test-tubes, added it to a warm water bath, and then it turned yellow if it was created ATP or something (not sure, that was 6 years ago). If someone could chime in on what that protocol was about, we could actually use this same idea to test if your compound works.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
raphael Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Hey Padre,
 Thanks for replying. Can you get that protocol for me?

Well i understand your experiment, But you didnt study any proteins involved..

Thanks.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  850 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 379

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?