K
g
L
w
thosette thosette
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Rene DeAnda has a degree in industrial engineering and experience in an engineering and sales environment. He describes himself as passionate about process improvement and helping others. When it comes to the job search, Rene has had positive experiences with networking, online and offline, to find potential opportunities.
  Rene believes networking is important and advises others to make meaningful connections with people, because you never know what someone else will see in you. In his network, he knows a company owner who interviews two to three people a week even when he isn't actively hiring for a position. When he meets someone interesting that might match well with his company, he wants to learn more about them.
  For offline methods of finding job leads, Rene encourages fellow job seekers to get outside your comfort zone and meet people in person. You cant rely solely on sitting behind a keyboard and applying for jobs. He also participates in national student organizations, which has led to a broader network for job leads.
  Online, Rene heavily recommends LinkedIn. He says, Reaching out to people on LinkedIn with genuine interest about their work will help expand your network. In addition, he uses Twitter to find job postings and reach out to existing and new contacts. He encourages job seekers to make use of all online resources that allow you to post a resume and spend time working on a LinkedIn profile. This will allow you to be more visible to prospective employers and will increase your chances of being contacted without you doing much work.
  Rene found the job search may take time, especially to hear back from prospective employers. I didn't get contacted for interviews for several months, and I would even forget about jobs applied for because it took companies so long to contact me. But then a flood of interview opportunities came in at once, boosting my confidence. Don't give up He says, Keep on trying and applying. Be positive, when you begin thinking negatively and feeling down, look back on how far youve come and keep pushing onward.

Why is networking important to find leads during your Job Search Journey?
  How can you keep motivated if the Job Search Journey takes time?
  What are some ways you can network offline?
Read 99 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
LebronR03LebronR03
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free