× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
poke master poke master
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
What is the dimensional approach to mental health and mental illness?

What will be an ideal response?

Q. 2

Briefly describe the contents of DSM-IV Axis V in your case notes.

Q. 3

Briefly describe the contents of DSM-IV Axis IV.

Q. 4

Briefly describe the contents of DSM-IV Axis II entries in your case notes.

Q. 5

Briefly describe the contents of DSM-IV Axis I entries in your case notes.

Read 24 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Answer to #1

Answer:
The dimensional approach says that most psychological phenomena are distributed continuously, with a large majority of people in the middle and a few at the extreme ends of the continuum.

Answer to #2

Answer:
Global assessment of functioning. This is simply a score between one and 100 reflecting an overall judgment of how poorly or well clients are managing their lives and how severe their psychological symptoms are.

Answer to #3

Answer:
Psychosocial and environmental problems. Problems the client has in the outside world, such as poverty, housing difficulties, loss of work, and so on. You also note on this axis the interpersonal stressors influencing the client, such as divorce or friendlessness.

Answer to #4

Answer:
Personality disorders and mental retardation. On Axis II are the more lasting and intractable problems of mental retardation and personality disorders. There is a code for the absence of these problems as well. The reason for a separate axis for these problems is that they may consistently underlie many Axis I difficulties, and the diagnosis should indicate that you think there is an underlying personality pattern or retardation.

Answer to #5

Answer:
Clinical disorders and other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention. On Axis I, all mental diagnoses except personality disorders and mental retardation are coded along with the severity of the problem. The principal diagnosis or reason for the visit comes first, but you can list several diagnoses after that. Most people that you see in community practice have Axis I diagnoses.
poke m. Author
wrote...
6 years ago
White Checkmark Will marking this solved...
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1159 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4