t
S
m
s
Mateyman Mateyman
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
3 years ago
Hello all! Today had my first lab in bioinformatics course and we used NCBI and things like  PubMed and Uniprot databases.

Have only 3 questions to double check

1) What is a “nuclear splice mRNA variant” ?I put its where splicing happens in the nucleus and that's its a variant of mRNA sequence

2) What is a “poly_A” signal and its function? I put that its needed to synthesize mRNA by adding poly tail to the mRNA and that it gets mRNA ready for translation

3) I am being asked to go to https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genbank/samplerecord/ and to make a
unique header using my name and institution, I am being asked to make up gene name and source, and to make something up for reference I am kind of confused what that would look like? They told me anything that I am not being asked to change I need to remove

If you guys go to the link up above can you give me example of how my template would look like? Sorry if this is confusing I will also ask my professor for help here
Read 336 times
4 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
duddyduddy
wrote...
Staff Member
Top Poster
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, duddy
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 190 words.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science