t
i
r
r
Rade An Rade An
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
2 years ago
People communicate every day. But very rarely do we think to take the communication process apart and examine its internal structure and processes. Since we are learning about communication in this chapter, take a few minutes to reflect on your experience of communicating with others. While you are reflecting, pay close attention to the different components involved in communication and how these components are ordered/related to each other.
Read 66 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
2 years ago
Over the past 48 hours, the main mode of communication for me has been oral communication. Since I am working in a group of four other students for a project, regular meetings are pivotal to our success. Videoconferencing permits people like myself to conduct real-time meetings with people at different locations. These meetings can be formal or informal, include two or more people, and take place in almost any venue. I've also used a telephone to talk to my group; I enjoy telephone conversations because they give prompt, immediate responses, unlike emails or text messaging. Written Communication has been another mode of communication I've used throughout this period. This includes e-mail, instant messaging, and social media. A disadvantage of using written communication is that it is time-consuming and lacks immediate feedback. For example, sending an urgent request to a colleague could take hours before a response is received. Finally, no discussion of communication would be complete without considering nonverbal communication, which includes body movements, the intonations or emphasis we give to words, facial expressions, and the physical distance between the sender and receiver. Essentially, every body movement has meaning, and no movement is accidental (though some are unconscious).
Ask another question, I may be able to help!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1403 People Browsing
 132 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?