× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
firegirl2012 firegirl2012
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
13 years ago
Some sources I have found say it's best to major in chemistry, biochemistry, or biology but some schools have an undergraduate degree in forensic science. I plan on getting a masters degree in forensic science, but what would be the best undergraduate major to pursue?
Read 526 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
13 years ago
Biochemistry is probably your best bet.  I know many people who are looking to go into forensics and criminology and they are for the most part taking biochemistry as a major -- which makes sense.  I'd assume that in Forensics, you'd be dealing a lot in this field, and having a good background knowledge will definitely be a forte.
wrote...
13 years ago
Do you want to specialize in Forensic Biology? Then a biochemistry is the way to go. Do you want to do Drug analysis, Trace Evidence? Then Chemistry is your better bet. Does your school have courses in Instrumental analysis? Go for it. No matter what degree you take, instrumental is very important. You can go for the forensic science degree as long as it is science based. If it doesn't have hands-on lab work, required science courses: chemistry, biology then I wouldn't reccommend it.
This programs are fairly new in the system. I'm sure that many places will hire out of them. My feeling is that unless you are still getting a science backgroung applied to forensic you will only be studing the theoretical part which will leave you lacking. More appropriate for people going into the police field not the science field if that is what you really want.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1242 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586