Read 342 times
3 Replies
OakTree

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Psychologist, or Psychiatrist.
I have to say, I know many people who have taken a degree in psychology bt, they haven't got very far in it because there are not many jobs available in that field which are highly paid.
I was looking to do a psychology degree myself, bt i'm not too sre now..
wrote...
12 years ago
i have a psychology degree and am training to be a teacher. Although I really wanted to be a professional psychologist, the competition for jobs and additional training for registering with professional bodies was just too much.
wrote...
12 years ago
Depends on the degree. With just an undergraduate degree in Psychology, not much.  

Here are the definitions and degrees required:
Psychiatrist - Complete medical school, then additional schooling to specialize in psychiatry.  A psychiatrist is an MD (licensed medical doctor.)

Psychologist - a doctorate in psychology, licensed.  (Phd. or PsyD.)

A psychotherapist has a masters degree and a license to practice counseling.  

In most states the ones doing most of the counseling are not in the psychology field, ironically, but in Social Work.   (Masters in Social Work and licensure.)

With advanced degrees in psychology, you can also teach, work in human resources, case management, etc.  Depends on what you plan to do with the degree.

But if you want to be a psychotherapist and counsel, the quickest way without getting a doctorate is to get an MSW (Masters in Social Work.)
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1155 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 405

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?