a
t
i
r
KaGi KaGi
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
13 years ago
I always wondered about this and I've heard so many weird replies in the past  Grinning Face
Read 1354 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
13 years ago
The chemical is a sulphenic acid which will change into a gas that spreads out in the air. The gas from the onion will go to the nearest water source, which would be your eyes.
wrote...
13 years ago
i agree
wrote...
13 years ago
i don't know about the details but i know that there is a gas that binds to water in your eyes which causes you to cry.. well i don't know how much i can trust brainiac but that's what they said in an episode once, they also had a guy holding a wet towel around the front of his neck, which decreased the effect of the onion on his eyes... again all from brainiac, so i'm not sure.
wrote...
13 years ago
i don't know about the details but i know that there is a gas that binds to water in your eyes which causes you to cry.. well i don't know how much i can trust brainiac but that's what they said in an episode once, they also had a guy holding a wet towel around the front of his neck, which decreased the effect of the onion on his eyes... again all from brainiac, so i'm not sure.

Yeah! I hate that I always cry when I cut onions. Going somewhat off this topic, why do we cry in the first place?
wrote...
13 years ago
It is believed that when crying, hormones responsible for stress are disposed in tears so that their concentration decrease in the body which leads to a feeling of relief... it is just a theory, no one can know for sure, others say that it's simply just a form of communication.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1328 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741