× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
11briderk 11briderk
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I've had a great awakening in what I want to do with my life, become a Surgeon! I will do another 4 years of undergraduate as Pre-Med if I have too. But do I?
Read 525 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
You need the basic requirements in biology, chemistry, physics and math. These requirements are similar for most schools of medicine. Most college advisors can inform you. Catching up may take two or three semesters.
wrote...
11 years ago
I hope this awakening wasn't just based on a whim. But to answer your question, you'd have to do a post-bac program to take the pre-reqs. You wouldn't have to do 4 years of undergrad. Your Philosophy major is also a plus. Med schools like to see diversity.
wrote...
11 years ago
No you don't have to do another four years. Just take the prerequisite sciences and then do well on the MCAT. Make sure you get some clinical hours too whether it be volunteering in a hospital or working in a physician's office. It will also look good if you can shadow a physician, who ultimately should write a nice letter of recommendation for you as well.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1152 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4