a
t
i
r
darlin darlin
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Please use easy words so that i can understand well Upwards Arrow" SORRY I DELETED THE PREVIOUS SAME QUESTION because i thought there got no answer! so plaese answer me again T.T THANKS SO MUCH Smiling Face with Open Mouth
Read 285 times
3 Replies
Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Biodiversity is having many different kinds of plants and animals. It helps maintain a healthy ecosystem, by keeping producers, consumers, decomposers, and scavengers well fed and healthy, so there are no " broken links" in the food chain.
Answer accepted by topic starter
slothmanslothman
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 320 words.

Related Topics

wrote...
10 years ago
Biodiversity is the variation of life forms within a given ecosystem, biome, or on the entire Earth. Biodiversity is often used as a measure of the health of biological systems. The biodiversity found on Earth today consists of many millions of distinct biological species. The year 2010 has been declared as the International Year of Biodiversity.
The more diverse the ecosystem, the more stable it is. In addition, we measure biodiversity to get an idea of how much stress there is on the ecosystem. For example, a clean stream will contain many species, with relatively few representatives of each. A stream polluted with sewage will contain few species but many individuals.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1224 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?