K
b
L
b
derro derro
wrote...
Rep: 6 0
A year ago
Explain giving examples as to why "Jurisdiction" plays an important role in global marketing?
Read 21 times
2 Replies
Using: Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting: Theory and Practice, 11e (Freeman)
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
freshcofreshco
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
A year ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free.
 Jurisdiction plays an important role in trade-related disputes. Two examples illustrate the importance jurisdiction plays in addressing trade-related disputes.  One pitted Volkswagen AG against General Motors. After GM's worldwide head of purchasing, Jos Ignacio Lpez de Arriorta, was hired by Volkswagen in 1992, his former employer accused him of taking trade secrets. Volkswagen accepted U.S. court jurisdiction in the dispute, although the company's lawyers requested that the U.S. District Court in Detroit transfer the case to Germany. Jurisdiction was also an issue in a trade dispute that pitted Eastman Kodak against Fuji Photo Film. Kodak alleged that the Japanese government had helped Fuji in Japan by blocking the distribution of Kodak film. The U.S. government turned the case over to the WTO despite the opinion expressed by many experts that the WTO lacks jurisdiction in complaints over trade and competition policy.
This verified answer contains over 140 words.