a
t
i
r
sengland2 sengland2
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I have taken practice MCAT's and have bombed them. I just don't feel ready and my parents don't want me to wait till March to take it. Thus, I feel like I'm gonna end up in the Caribs barring some miracle or great guessing on the MCAT. Anyway, because I'm gonna go there, does anyone know what it's like? How tough is it to come back to the United States?
Read 323 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
If you are that bad, you will probably never be able to pass the medial boards--and you will have to take them to practice in the US.  REALISTICALLY evaluate yourself...it would be a waste to spend all that time and $ and still not be able to work.
wrote...
12 years ago
In a previous post you said that you are 30 years old and got a 1 in bio, 5 in vr, and a 4 in the physicial science section. What you should do is take a step back and see what you are doing wrong. Have you studied hard? a ton of students spend over 600 hours studying for this exam and repetition is important in order to be successful. Reading chapters multiple times and doing many practice problems and tests will help increase scores. When learning topics you need to know them like the back of your hand  and be able to work quickly in order to have success.

Also, dont look at your age as a bad thing. 30 years old is not that old. Many students go to med school at 45 and they dont regret it one bit. You have a  15 year edge on them! Besides this isnt the type of career where success comes easily. If you dont do well you need to stand up and try again. Thats the kind of attitude one needs to be successful as a healthcare professional.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1276 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274