a
t
i
r
firemonkey firemonkey
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I'm almost done with my associate of science.  I'll say it's more of animal science.  It's still biology, chemistry, math, English, and courses that is required to earn the associate of science.  I'm majoring in veterinary medicine.  I think I won't be accepted into college in a while because my GPA isn't the highest and I know the veterinary field is very challenging.  My question is what can I do with a degree of science while I wait till I get accepted?  What jobs opportunities do I have?
Read 408 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Pharmacy assistant......
wrote...
11 years ago
You can probably work in a Vet office as a Vet assistant.  Or you can try and work in an zoo or something and they will likely pick you because of your educational background with animal science, opposed to someone who just wants the job for money.
I live in New York and going to look for a job at the Bronx Zoo or New York Aquarium.  I'm confident they will choose me because of my education background of animal science and it looks good on resumes because they are both well know animal facilities in the country.

I believed I answered another question you had posted before about Vet school and you said you were looking into VA Tech.  Its good that you want to continue to go to school.  You need at least a Bachelors Degree is something in order to apply to Vet school.  The college that I will be attending is Mercy College in NY for there Vet-Technician/Pre-Vet Studies Program.  They have a 100% passing rate on the final tests to becoming a Vet-Tech for their students, and also prepares them for Vet school.  Make sure that VA Tech has something like that also.

This website should help you out more.. its Mercys website for their program but you can gain alot of knowledge from it about what your going to be studying in.  
https://www.mercy.edu/academics/school-of-health-and-natural-sciences/department-of-natural-sciences/bs-in-veterinary-technology-pre-veterinary-medicine/

I wish you  (and me ) the best of luck in Vet school Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1258 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?