× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
smilealways smilealways
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
what kind of jobs can you do with a degree in gerontology and minor in psychology?

this is my last year in college and i am trying to determine what is it i really can do with my degree.. so that i can see what i have to choose from.
Read 416 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I have been and am still in your position, and I've recently graduated... yikes.  Anyhow.

If you're interested, look up an MEd in Counselling for Adults.  It'll give you an opportunity to become a counsellor in different areas, such as school environments, hospitals, etc.  Otherwise, if you're interested in a much more research-based route, perhaps you'd like to go into clinical research for an MSc.  In this aging population, studies on memory/learning in elderly folk are increasing.  Other studies include rehabilitation of stroke patients and elderly folk incurring trauma.  I'm not sure if it's possible, but you may also be interested in therapy?  It would fall under a similar field as MEd in Counselling, but the title may be different.  And then of course, there are healthcare professions: nursing, PSWs, occupational therapy, physical therapy, med school.  Gerontology is a growing field, given the increased age of the general population.

Oh, and you have the option of not pursuing a job in either field.  Some people find that their interests lie far outside their degree and do well.  Like... pursuing an MBA if you were interested in business.  I knew someone who pursued pharmaceutical chemistry in their undergrad, decided it wasn't worth it and became a CA afterwards.  Now, she's managing accounts for a large pharmaceutical industry.  Go figure.

Sky's the limit.  The hardest part is narrowing it all down and following through.

Best of luck.
wrote...
11 years ago
Any job really - most graduates get a job that is totally unrelated to their degree.

Management will be interested in other skills that you have learnt during your degree like time management, workload management, research and marketing skills.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1277 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?