a
t
i
r
Floridapremed Floridapremed
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I developed a punnett square before I conducted the fly lab. In the lab guide, it said that the flies that we recieved were supposed to all be homozygous for whatever phenotype they expressed...but it was not the case when I conducted this lab whatsoever...

I was supposed to sex a vestigial winged, red eyed male with a wild winged, sepia eyed female.
In the lab guide, it stated that red eyes were dominant to sepia eyes and that wild wings were dominant to vestigial wings. So I made a dihybrid cross based on this information and from the punnett square that I created, and from what I gathered, the expected result from this cross would be 100% Heterozygous red eye, wild wing F1 generation.

But unfortunately my lab data did not give me the expected results which is why I am on here seeking assistance because my teacher wants me to develop the correct punnett square based on my results.

I've tried every possible combination that I can think of. And I swapped the genotypes' dominance and recessiveness again and again and the ratios do not match the ratios that my lab came out with.

So this is my collected data:
8 red eye vestigial males
12 red eye vestigial females
13 sepia eye wild wing males
11 sepia eye wild wing females.
Read 317 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
ririjrririjr
wrote...
Rep: 0 0