a
t
i
r
Sheta Sheta
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
In her fifth grade classroom, Ms. Latimer has several students who don't cooperate when she tells the class to get into group formation. These students are vocal about disliking group work. Ms. Latimer told them today that they may shorten their group task time by getting into groups quickly and completing cooperative tasks according to the ten-minute schedule she has planned. Ms. Latimer is using which of the following methods to get her students to cooperate?

a. Negative reinforcement
  b. Reprimands
  c. Response cost
  d. Social isolation

Ques. 2

Haley confuses the words there, they're, and their in her writing. As Mr. Morrow monitors students during writing assignments, he often catches Haley's incorrect use of these words. If he wants to implement a system of positive practice, what will he do?

a. Mr. Morrow will ask the rest of the class to tell Haley which spelling she needs to use in her sentence.
  b. Mr. Morrow will expect Haley to rework the lesson about the spellings of these homonyms.
  c. As soon as Mr. Morrow notices the mistake on Haley's paper, he will return the paper and ask her to redo the task.
  d. As soon as Mr. Morrow sees the mistake, he will tell Haley to use the correct spelling orally and then immediately change her paper to write it correctly.

Ques. 3

Which of the following teachers uses preferred language?

a. My class is diverse. I have one autistic student and several special education students.
  b. Mr. Simms is teaching several learning disabled students.
  c. I have four students with special needs in my classroom.
  d. I've taught epileptic children, so I'm familiar with their needs.

Ques. 4

Praise is more effective if used appropriately. Based on guidelines for giving praise, which teacher seems to understand and use praise appropriately?

a. You are a good boy. You did a much better job in class today, Felipe.
  b. I see that you did better than the others in your group today. Good work, Amanda.
  c. I am glad to see that you used the correct heading on your paper and turned in a very neat paper today, Carson.
  d. Everyone should be watching LeVonne and doing exactly what she is doing. She is modeling the correct way to start the day.

Ques. 5

Samantha habitually blurted out answers to questions during class discussion. Mr. Hargrove repeatedly called Samantha by name and told her to wait her turn, but Samantha repeated her behavior day after day. Mr. Hargrove finally realized that his strategy was not working. He thought he was using a form of punishment, but his strategy turned out to be:

a. negative reinforcement of the behavior.
  b. positive reinforcement of the behavior.
  c. the antecedent for the behavior.
  d. the unconditioned stimulus.

Ques. 6

(Scenario from question 24)
  Mr. Munro teaches middle school science in a highly diverse city on the west coast. His classroom composite looks like many other classrooms in America. Two of his students are refugees from Thailand. Many are immigrants from Asia, Mexico, and Eastern Europe. Others represent a range of racial and ethnic groups. Altogether, seven are ELL students. All are able to converse and make friends, but they struggle with academic language. Mr. Munro has found that using a sheltered instruction approach to teach science content and language skills works best with these students.

Describe at least four specific things Mr. Munro is doing or might do to provide affective and emotional/social support for these middle school students during science class. Explain how each of these actions or strategies provides affective, emotional/social support.

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 7

Ms. Jovanovich works with several gifted students who are English language learners. She sees all of the following characteristics in these students EXCEPT:

a. Without a large English vocabulary, the child takes risks in trying to communicate in English.
  b. The child practices new words and phrases by using them in conversation and trying to establish them in his memory.
  c. The child frustrates easily when feedback from the teacher indicates lack of understanding.
  d. The child looks for similarities between English words and words in her native language.

Ques. 8

Mrs. Frasier describes her classroom. I have 21 students. Seven are English learners. Four stay in my class only part of the time. One has a hearing impairment and works with a signer, and one has an autism spectrum disorder. Which of the following terms best fits Mrs. Frasier's description of her class?

a. Special education classroom
  b. Inclusion classroom
  c. Racially and ethnically diverseclassroom
  d. Academically diverse classroom

Ques. 9

Mr. Munro teaches middle school science in a highly diverse city on the west coast. His classroom composite looks like many other classrooms in America. Two of his students are refugees from Thailand. Many are immigrants from Asia, Mexico, and Eastern Europe. Others represent a range of racial and ethnic groups. Altogether, seven are ELL students. All are able to converse and make friends, but theystruggle with academic language. Mr. Munro has found that using a sheltered instruction approach to teach science content and language skills works best with these students.

Describe specifically how Mr. Munro might teach his content area of science using sheltered instruction. Incorporate ideas for science-related and language-related instruction and support for all elements of sheltered instruction.

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 10

Bryson was three when his neighbor's house burned down. He heard the loud sirens and saw the fire and trembled with fear. Now he's starting preschool. He hears the loud bell ring and associates it with the fire and fire trucks and begins to tremble. In this setting, the sound of the bell is:

a. a neutral response.
  b. a neutral stimulus.
  c. an unconditioned response.
  d. a conditioned stimulus.

Ques. 11

Mrs. Delaney wants her students to learn to start their seat assignment and stop talking when the second morning bell rings. By pairing this stimulus-response sequence, Mrs. Delaney is applying which of the following principles of learning?

a. Contiguity
  b. Observational learning
  c. Theory of mind
  d. Operant conditioning
Read 243 times
4 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
gonzalez9334gonzalez9334
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 990 words.