Top Posters
Since Sunday
wrote...
2 months ago

Question 1.

Identify and define the four Ps and the corresponding consumer-oriented SIVA dimensions.

Question 2.

According to Starbucks Chairman Howard Schultz, "Consumers now commonly engage in a cultural audit of [product and service] providers.  People want to know your value and ethics demonstrated by how you treat employees, the community in which you operate."  Discuss the concept of social responsibility marketing and how it impacts both companies and consumers.
Source  Download
Marketing Management
Edition: 13th
Authors:
Read 44 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
wrote...
2 months ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything.

Answer 1

The four Ps are: Product (product variety, quality, design, features, brand name, packaging, sizes, services, warranties, returns), Price (list price, discounts, allowances, payment period, credit terms), Promotion (sales promotion, advertising, sales force, public relations, direct marketing), and Place (channels, coverage, assortments, locations, inventory, transportation).  A complementary breakdown of marketing activities that approaches the process from a customer-centric viewpoint is the SIVA framework: Solution (How can I solve my problem?), Information (Where can I learn more about it?), Value (What is my total sacrifice to get the solution?), and Access (Where can I find it?).

Answer 2

The societal marketing concept holds that the organization's task is to determine the needs, wants, and interests of target markets and to deliver the desired satisfaction more effectively and efficiently than competitors in a way that preserves or enhances the consumer's and society's long-term well-being.  Many companies actively engaged in corporate social responsibility campaigns to both motivate employees and attract consumers.  As goods become more commoditized, and as consumers grow more socially conscious, some companies are adding social responsibility as a way to differentiate themselves from competitors, build consumer preference, and achieve notable sales and profit gains.  They believe customers will increasingly look for signs of good corporate citizenship.
This verified answer contains over 220 words.