t
S
m
s
smilealways smilealways
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
What are the best jobs for someone with a psychology degree?
Read 592 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
good luck with that... I know alot of people who just had to get plain ole office jobs or what not and had nothing to do with their degree.  Psych is notorious for that.
wrote...
12 years ago
just a Bachlurette? good luck there are none
I have 1,001 friends with B.A. in pschycology and most deliver pizzas
Go for the PHD or u r screwed
wrote...
12 years ago
try social service.
wrote...
12 years ago
If you want a high-paying psychology job you would have to do one of two things: get a PhD so you can be a professor at the university level or get a PsyD so you can be a practicing clinical psychologist.

I graduated with a B.A. in Psychology but I chose not to go for a doctorate degree, just yet. Right now I'm an Outreach Coordinator for a university. I LOVE my job! I provide individual and group college counseling to middle school and high school students, and I coordinate other counselors to do the same. I'm using the skills I learned in my counseling and interviewing classes as a psychology student. Currently I'm looking into grad schools for school counseling or student affairs at the university level so I can continue counseling students.

You CAN do something with a B.A. in psychology, however its hard if you don't have any job, internship or volunteer experience.
wrote...
12 years ago
you can't do anything with a psych degree, you need a ph.d to be a psych
OakTree
wrote...
12 years ago
As a person who was silly enough to decide on psychology as my degree/major choice, there are limited opportunities at the the bachelor level.  Once u obtain your master's and ph.d, the opportunities become more available.  at bachelor's level, you'll probably be working as a case manager or something like that.  The pay is not very good.  I got a job as an Account Executive and I'm so happy I got out of the field.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1079 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 308

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?